Thank you very much for visiting our website. The protection of your personal data and your privacy is important to us and we would like you to feel safe when you use our website. We process your personal data in accordance with the contents of this privacy notice, the relevant national data protection regulations, and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
With the information below, we would like to give you an overview of which information is collected and used during your visit at our website.
1. Name and address of the controller Stewo International AG, Entlebucherstrasse 38, 6110 Wolhusen, Switzerland ("we"), in our capacity as the operator of the website www.stewo.com (“Website”), shall be the controller as defined in the GDPR and in other national data protection regulations. In accordance with Art. 27 GDPR and as a non-EU resident controller, we appointed as our representative: Stewo GmbH, Wollhausstraße 60-62, 74072 Heilbronn, Germany.
2. Data protection officer In the event that you have any concerns with respect to data protection or privacy issues, please contact the data protection officer of our representative, Raphael Künzig, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +49 (0) 7131/886-364.
3. Personal data Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal data also include information about your use of our website: such information is usually collected by the use of log files or cookies. You will find more information about log files and cookies below.
4. Purpose of use and related personal data Scope and type of the collection, processing, and use of your data depend on whether you visit our web presence only to obtain generally available information or make use of any services beyond that.
a) Use for information only
If you use our website for information only, it is generally not necessary that you enter any personal data. In that case, we only collect the data that are automatically transmitted by your internet browser, as the case may be, when you visit our website, for example:
- Referrer (website visited before)
- Requested web page or file
- Browser type and version
- Used operating system
- Used device type
- Time of access
- IP address in an anonymized form (will only be used to determine the location of access)
For this, your computer’s IP address is only stored for the time of your use of the website, in so-called log files, and is deleted immediately thereafter, or anonymized by truncation. All other data is only stored for a limited period of time. We use these data to operate our website, in particular to identify and remove faults from our website, to determine our website's utilization, and to make adjustments or improvements.
b) Use of other services To the extent that you use other services through our website, it may be required that you enter personal data for this. In that case, your data is only processed for the purpose of delivering the services requested by you.
5. Contact At our website, you can contact us via our contact form or by E-mail. The personal data that you enter in the course of contacting us is only used to handle your enquiry and is then immediately deleted from the web server. Please note that we may be obligated to store your messages to comply with any statutory retention obligations. Subject to the statements below, we shall not disclose your data to third parties.
6. Cookies and web analysis tools
b) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, the web analytics service of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “Cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of this website. The information about your usage of this website that is generated by the Cookie is usually transferred to one of Google’s servers in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymization was activated for this website, your IP address is truncated first by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other member states of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is transmitted to one of Google’s servers in the USA and truncated there.
Your data will only be processed with your consent. On our website, you therefore have the option of agreeing or disagreeing with the analysis by Google Analytics. Your decision is stored in a cookie. If you reject the analysis by Google Analytics, a so-called "user opt-out" is carried out. You can find further information about this under https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/user-opt-out.
Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze the use of this website, to create reports about website activities, and to perform other services in connection with the use of our website and the internet. The IP address that is transmitted by your browser through Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google. You can prevent the saving of Cookies also in the settings of your browser software; however, please note that in that case you may not be able to use any functions of this website to your full benefit. Moreover, you can prevent the transmission of the data generated by the Cookie with respect to the use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and their processing by Google by clicking on the link below and download and install the browser plug-in that is available there. This will activate an opt-out cookie that prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website.
c) Google Maps
This website uses the Google Maps service via an API which is operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland. To use the functionalities of Google Maps it is necessary to store your IP address. This information is usually transmitted to one of Google’s servers in the USA and stored there. We don’t have any influence on the transmission of this data. For Google’s data privacy statement, see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
d) YouTube This website uses plugins from YouTube which is operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland (“Google”). For Google’s data privacy statement, see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
7. Presence on social media platforms We operate social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) to inform customers, potential customers, and users about our products and services. In this connection, your data may be processed outside of the European Union which may possibly complicate the enforcement of the protection of your privacy rights.
To exercise your privacy rights, you can contact us or the respective operators of a platforms. If you contact us, we will forward your request to the respective provider because only providers can access their data to provide access or take measures.
We operate accounts on the following social media platforms:
Facebook (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland) based on an agreement on the joint processing of personal data. You will find Facebook’s data privacy statement at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ and specific information on pages at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data. As a Facebook user, you have an “Opt-out” option: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Instagram (Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA). A data privacy statement and instructions on how to opt out are available at http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
YouTube (Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland). For Google’s data privacy statement, see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, we require your confirmation - in addition to your e-mail address - that you are the owner of this e-mail address and that you agree to receiving our newsletter. This information is collected only for the purpose of sending you our newsletter and to document our authorization to do so. Such information is not disclosed to third parties. You can cancel your subscription to our newsletter at any time for the future.
In addition, the following data will be collected during registration:
- IP address of requesting computer
- Date and time of registration
To process your data in the course of the registration process, we obtain your consent and refer to this privacy notice.
9. No disclosure of your personal data We do not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless you have consented to the transfer of your data or we are entitled or obligated to disclose your data based on statutory provisions and/or official or court orders. Including but not limited to, this may involve the provision of information for the purpose of law enforcement, to prevent threats or to enforce intellectual property rights.
Within our group of companies, your data is transmitted to certain companies if your request requires this or if these companies process the data centrally for the companies affiliated with the group.
10. Data security Any information that you submit to us is stored on servers that are located in the European Union or Switzerland. The EU Commission, in an adequacy decision, confirmed that Switzerland has a level of data protection that is comparable with that within the EU. We secure our website and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification, or dissemination of your data through unauthorized persons.
11. Your rights
You are entitled to:
- Obtain information free of charge about the personal data we retain about you (right of access);
- Demand confirmation whether we process personal data relating to you (right to confirmation);
- Demand from us to immediately delete the personal data relating to you to the extent that their processing is no longer required and that any further requirements of the GDPR with respect to erasure are fulfilled (right to erasure);
- Demand immediate correction and completion of incorrect personal data relating to you (right to correction);
- Demand the restriction of processing of your personal data (right to restriction of processing);
- Obtain the personal data relating to you in a structured, customary, and machine-readable format (right to data portability);
- Object to the processing of your personal data (right to objection);
- Not being subjected to a decision that is exclusively based on automated processes – including profiling – that legally affects you or significantly impairs you in a similar way (right to decisions on a case-by-case basis);
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data in the future at any time;
- Lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in charge of data protection if you are of the opinion that the processing of the personal data relating to you violates the GDPR (right to lodge a complaint).
For any further information on your rights, please contact our data protection officer.
12. Erasure of and making unavailable personal data after their purpose is fulfilled
We process and store personal data only until their purpose is fulfilled, and in no event longer than the statutory retention and storage periods. After their purpose is fulfilled or the statutory retention and storage periods have expired, the personal data are deleted or made unavailable in accordance with the data privacy requirements.
13. Information for customers, potential customers, and suppliers in accordance with Art. 13 / Art. 14 GDPR
You will find this information at Information pursuant to Art. 13 / Art. 14 GDPR about the processing of your data and your rights in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations.